We believe that everyone, if given the right opportunities and connections, can obtain and maintain a job.
Securing employment has many benefits and can:
- Increase self-esteem
- Encourage positive community presence
- Build meaningful relationships
- Foster independence
- Improve financial situations
We support people to explore, obtain, and maintain meaningful employment opportunities through:
We support people to find a job that meets their skills, abilities, experiences, and interests. Using community as a first resource, we work collaboratively with service agencies to support people in creating resumes, applying for jobs, and navigating the entire interview process.
We provide opportunities for people to develop their employment-related skills by connecting them with community-based training, classes and courses; volunteer placements to help them build skills and develop their resume; and employment-related conferences such as First Aid, WHMIS, and Smart Serve. We also support people in building their careers through mentorship and education.
We support people by connecting them to the right job that works for them. We ensure that ongoing communication occurs between the person supported and their employer. To assist with job retention, we support the person to successfully navigate any issues that arise in their job, even after our job coaching has faded out.
A job coach is a person who provides on-the-job training and assistance to people who receive employment supports once gaining employment. The length of time a job coach will provide support depends on how comfortable the person and the employer feels on the job and how independently they are able to work.
Working with Employers
At Community Living Huntsville, we provide ourselves on the successful relationships we have developed with employers in our community. It is important that employers feel comfortable working collaboratively with the person and our organization to resolve any issues that may arise. We are here to help.
We support people in exploring employment fields of their choosing by tapping into the hidden job market and collaborating with businesses to create a tailored and unique job suited just for them.
Why Choose Community Living Huntsville’s Employment Services?
- We have been successfully providing employment supports since 1990.
- Our Employment staff are trained and qualified Supported Employment Professionals.
- We work collaboratively with local service providers and other employment agencies.
- We connect with over 125 local businesses and organizations to support people to live, work, learn, and play within their community.
- Often people do not require long-term job coaching to be successful on their job. We provide retention supports even after our job coaching has been phased out.
Where to start
If you would like to learn more about our Supported Employment services, please contact:
705-789-4543, Ext. 226