Supported Independent Living
Our Supported Independent Living program supports adults with developmental disabilities to live in their own home. The program is flexible, and supports are based on a person's wishes and needs. People who receive these supports are responsible for their household maintenance costs, including rent, utilities, food, and furnishings.
Supports may include assistance and skills-building in the following areas:
- Activities of daily living
- Household management and maintenance
- Menu planning, grocery shopping, and meal preparation
- Monitoring of medications and health-care support
- Support and advocacy with medical, dental, and specialist appointments
- Budgeting, ODSP assistance, paying bills, and filing tax returns
- Accessing community resources and services
- Community connection, networking, and natural relationships
Our goal is to increase both personal independence and interdependence between people and their community.