Supported Independent Living
The Supported Independent Living Program supports adults with a developmental disability to live in their own home within the community. The program is flexible and is based on the wishes and needs of those receiving supports. Individuals are responsible for all costs incurred in maintain their household including rent, utilities, food, and furnishings.
Supports may include assistance and skill-building in the following areas:
- All activities of daily living
- Household care and maintenance
- Menu planning, grocery shopping, and meal preparation
- Monitoring of medications and health care support
- Support and advocacy with medical, dental, and specialist appointments
- Budgeting, ODSP assistance, paying bills, and filing tax returns
- Accessing community resources and services
- Community connecting, networking, and encouraging natural supports
Our goal is to increase both personal independence and interdependence between people and their community.