For ages 18 months to 6 years
Our Resource Consultants support children ages 18-months to 6-years old, who have a developmental delay or are at risk for a developmental delay.
Your child does not need a diagnosis to access our supports. We accepts referrals from parents, or through organizations, schools, and daycares, with parents' consent.
We take a holistic approach to the tailored supports we offer each child. We work with children and families in their homes, as well as in EarlyON programs, daycares, and schools. There is no wait list. We adjust caseload and visit frequency to accommodate everyone.
We use an initial screening tool, called the Battelle Developmental Inventory 2nd Edition (BD12), to assess a child's overall development. Once done, we create a report on the results that outlines recommendations to support the child’s development. The report may be used by our team as well as families, daycares, schools, and other organizations (if a referral is made).
Our Resource Consultants offer the following services:
- Provide programming to families based on children's strengths and needs, and model recommendations during play sessions. Families may borrow toys and materials to continue learning together outside sessions.
- Share information on child development, parenting tips, available community resources, how other organizations can help, and available funding.
- Provide access to our library of resource books.
- Make referrals to other organizations, or attend pediatrician appointments, at a family's request.
- Consult with daycare staff on programming ideas to support children, after observations in the classroom.
- Provide resources and toys for use in the classroom.
- Meet with teachers to discuss ideas and recommendations to support children, after observations in the classroom.
- Attend school meetings with families to assist in advocacy for their children.
- Ready for Kindergarten open houses and information
- Family literacy activities, resources, and events
- Speech and Play Day activities
- Let’s Grow screening
Community Living Huntsville School Readiness Booklet
If your child will be turning 4-years old in the coming year, now is the time to start thinking about entry into Kindergarten.
Our Community Living Huntsville School Readiness Booklet outlines the steps to take leading up to the first day of Kindergarten. There are also some important contacts listed, depending on which school your child will attend, and some useful tips and community resources.
Questions? Feel free to contact our Resource Consultants for more information.
Do you need this booklet in an alternate format? Email email@example.com and let us know.