Supervisor (Full Time) – 6 Month Contract
Website Community Living Huntsville
Are you a team builder who wants to use your skills to make a difference in the lives of people with developmental disabilities? Do you want to build a stronger community with a team that champions choice and inclusion? This is your opportunity to launch, grow, or reimagine your career as a Supervisor with Community Living Huntsville!
Our passionate team is dedicated to advancing inclusion for people who live with developmental disabilities in North Muskoka. As a Supervisor you will lead and support a team of Direct Support Professionals that provides 24-hour personal assistance toward empowering adults in day-to-day activities, independence, relationships, and community connection.
And while you are making a difference in people’s lives, we will work hard to make a difference in yours with competitive pay, employer-paid benefits, ongoing training and professional development opportunities, a robust employee and family assistance program, positive and collaborative team environment, and opportunities for advancement.
- Reporting to the Manager, you will be leading and directing a team of staff providing individualized supports and services to individuals who have developmental disabilities
- Coaching, motivating and supporting team members to ensure smooth team operations, effective communication and excellent service for the people we support
- Preparing staff schedules using scheduling software and adjusting schedules as needed to ensure coverage of vacant shifts
- Approving staff time cards and making payroll adjustments (premiums, etc.) as needed
- Participating in the rotation for on-call supervisor coverage and willingness and availability to cover front-line shifts in the event of emergencies
- Employer paid benefits
- 75 hours bi-weekly
- Opportunity for advancement
- Rewarding work in a positive team environment
- Completion of relevant degree or diploma in social service or human service sector, preferably relating to people with disabilities or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ demonstrated effective supervision in a human service agency preferably in a unionized environment
- Knowledge and commitment to the principles of inclusion and the disability rights movement
- Commitment to individualized approaches to service delivery and accountability
- Commitment to Community Living’s goals and vision
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and operational skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Staff scheduling experience including the use of scheduling software
- Finance and budget management experience
- Strong familiarity with quality assurance measures and personal outcome measures
- Excellent oral, written and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills
- Tolerance of, and ability to handle, a heavy workload and competing demands
- Ability to use and learn new technology (computers, software programs, phones, printer/scanners, alarm/security systems, etc.)
- Certification in CPR and First Aid, or willingness to obtain
- Ability to obtain a clear Vulnerable Sector Check
- Ability to work flexible hours including some weekends and evenings
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable driver’s abstract and reliable transportation to be used in the course of employment
If you have most, but not all, of the qualifications listed above and you believe that you would be the ideal candidate for this position, please write to us and tell us why you feel your skills and abilities would make you a great fit for this position.
Community Living Huntsville is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome. Applications are strongly encouraged from people with disabilities, racialized people, Indigenous people, and people from the LGBTQ2+ community. If you need any form of accommodation in the application process, or require this job posting in another format, please contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org or 705-783-1816.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com