Inclusive Education Month 2023
Date(s) - Feb 01, 2023 - Feb 28, 2023
Categories No Categories
February is National Inclusive Education Month in Canada. It’s an opportunity for the Community Living movement and its many partners to promote and raise awareness about inclusive education.
What is its purpose?
- To promote inclusive education and how the development of inclusive schools and inclusive school practices helps provide quality education to an increasingly diverse student population, including students with developmental disabilities
- To provide educators, administrators, students, and families an opportunity to share ideas on enhancing inclusion and successful school experiences for every child
- To acknowledge and recognize the commitment and effort of teachers, administrators, students, and families who contribute to inclusive education
How can people get involved?
- Visit the Inclusive Education Canada website for resources and ways to take action
- Check out the Community Living Ontario website for inclusive education resources and perspectives
- Work with your class, your friends, a classmate or school group to submit a creative media for Community Living Ontario’s 2023 Together We’re Better Contest
- Explore our website to learn more about our programs and services for children, teens, young adults and families in North Muskoka and contact Stacey Bullock, Manager, Children and Youth Services, at Stacey.Bullock@clhuntsville.ca or 705-789-4543, Ext. 215, for more information.
Thank you to all our education partners for promoting inclusive learning environments that support all students, with and without disabilities, to learn and participate, together! Because together, we’re better.