Local Employer Champions to present at upcoming Niagara Falls CASE Conference
The Canadian Association for Supported Employment- CASE- holds their 22nd Annual National Supported Employment Conference from May 30- June 1, 2017 in Niagara Falls and Huntsville’s very own Employer Ambassadors, along with Community Living Huntsville, will be presenting:
“The Business of Inclusion”
Speakers: Kareen Burns, Scott Doughty, Maggie Fines (Randy Robinson), Nancy Weber and Michelle Ainsworth
The panel will discuss various topics, provide handouts. Topics discussed will involve:
- Their experiences being champions for people with disabilities. What that looks like and how they engage other businesses to hire people with disabilities. The benefits of hiring people with disabilities from a business perspective. How and why hiring people with developmental disabilities is a good business decision.
- Inclusion in the workplace then to now from an employer perspective: Sheltered workshops and why they don’t work and the benefits of real pay for real jobs in the community.
- The benefits of working with a Supported Employment Staffing team and why hiring people with disabilities works for everyone.
- Direct Support Professionals and Team Leader for Supported Employment:
- Tips, tools and strategies on engaging employers, working collaboratively and supporting people on the job.
To register, click on this link: