Direct Support Worker – Overnights (Full Time)
Website Community Living Huntsville
Are you a creative and caring person who wants to make a difference in the lives of people with developmental disabilities and your community? This is your opportunity to launch, grow, or reimagine your career as a Direct Support Professional with Community Living Huntsville!
Our passionate team is dedicated to advancing inclusion for people who live with developmental disabilities in North Muskoka. As a Direct Support Professional with our Supported Living team, you will support people in personal care, activities of daily living, relationship building, and empowerment in their homes, and as active members of their community.
And while you are making a difference in people’s lives, we will work hard to make a difference in yours with competitive pay, employer-paid benefits, ongoing training and professional development opportunities, a robust employee and family assistance program, a positive and collaborative team environment, and opportunities for career advancement.
- Grow an understanding of the people you support, provide ideas and recommendations to support the development of their Person-Directed Plans, and help them implement their plans
- Assist people with personal care and activities of daily living, as necessary, in a way that respects their choices, abilities, and dignity, and facilitates their daily, weekly, and monthly rhythms and routines
- Support people to build independence and relationships both at home and in their community
- Support the health, safety, and medical needs of the people you support
We want our team members to feel supported and thrive in our organization. We offer:
- Competitive pay of $22.17 per hour
- Opportunities for additional hours
- Employer-paid benefits, vacation, and sick time
- Ongoing training
- Professional development opportunities
- Robust employee and family assistance program
- Rewarding work in a positive and collaborative team environment
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Knowledge about and commitment to disability rights, the principles of inclusion, and the Community Living Movement
- Secondary School Diploma or GED
- Education and/or experience in the Human Services field
- Strong communication skills
- Physical ability to support people, some with limited mobility, in all aspects of daily living and in different settings
- Computer skills
- Current First Aid/CPR certification, or willingness to obtain
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable driver’s abstract and reliable transportation to be used in course of employment
- Ability to obtain a clear Vulnerable Sector Check
- Free of communicable diseases
- Ability, availability, and commitment to work a variety of shifts, including evenings, overnights, and weekends
Apply today to join us as a Direct Support Professional with our Supported Living team so you can use your skills, make an impact, and spark social change!
Community Living Huntsville is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome. Applications are strongly encouraged from people with disabilities, racialized people, Indigenous people, and people from the LGBTQ2+ community. If you need any form of accommodation in the application process, or require this job posting in another format, please contact Lisa at 705-783-1816.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org