Nurturing Supportive Relationships: The Foundation to a Secure Future
Date(s) - Nov 24, 2021
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Categories No Categories
This webcast is hosted by Partners for Planning Network
In an ideal world, a supportive network of people would be readily available to our son or daughter with a disability.
Building a network of support is a good first step in ensuring that individuals are engaged in nurturing and supportive relationships that promote personal autonomy.
What you’ll learn:
- A variety of strategies that increase opportunities for your loved one, to develop long-term reciprocal relationships.
- The benefits of developing friendships through shared interests and passions.
- Tips and strategies for creating and sustaining a personal support network.
- An overview of Microboards and their long-term benefits.
- Access to a variety of video profiles featuring individuals with a developmental disability and their support networks.
- A digital workbook filled with free resources and practical next steps that will support you in taking action.