Direct Support Worker – Supported Living (Full Time)
Website Community Living Huntsville
Make a difference in people’s lives while we make a difference in yours. Grow your career as a Direct Support Professional at Community Living Huntsville!
WE ARE GROWING OUR TEAM! Our passionate team of Direct Support Professionals are committed to advancing inclusion for people who live with developmental disabilities in Muskoka. In this role, you will have a positive impact on the people you support every day. You will assist individuals with all aspects of daily life in their homes and as active participants in our community.
- Provide daily support for people in their homes and community by using an approach that respects their independent choices and abilities. This support includes, but is not limited to, personal care and hygiene, meal preparation and housekeeping.
- Encourage and build people’s independence and relationships in their homes and community.
- Support people’s health, safety and well-being by implementing coping strategies and our organization’s policies and procedures.
- Offer recommendations and ideas with respect to an individual’s Person Directed Plan. This includes developing a growing understanding of the person, identifying the valued social roles that can be developed, and implementing action strategies derived from current plans.
We want our team members to feel supported and find their unique fit within our organization. We offer:
- 75 hours bi-weekly, with the ability to pick up additional hours
- Work-life balance with the ability to pick up additional hours
- Competitive hourly pay rate starting at $25.20 per hour.
- Rewarding work in a positive team environment
- Knowledge and commitment to the principles of inclusion and the disability rights movement
- 1 year post-secondary education in human services, DSW preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and computer proficiency
- Ability to obtain a clear Vulnerable Sector Check
- Current First Aid/CPR certification, or willingness to obtain
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to be used in course of employment
- Physical ability to support people (some with limited mobility) in all aspects of daily living and in a wide range of settings
- Free of communicable diseases
- Ability, availability and commitment to work a variety of shifts that include days, evenings, overnights and weekends
We believe our differences make us stronger, which is why we are committed to building a team that is diverse and inclusive.
If you need accommodations in the application process, or require this job posting in an alternative format, please contact us at email@example.com or 705-783-1816.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org