Direct Support Worker – Overnights Contract (Part Time)
Website Community Living Huntsville
Make a difference in people’s lives while we make a difference in yours. Grow your career as a Direct Support Professional at Community Living Huntsville!
Our passionate team of Direct Support Professionals are committed to advancing inclusion for people who live with developmental disabilities in Muskoka. In this role, you will have a positive impact on the people you support every day. You will assist individuals with all aspects of daily life in their homes and as active participants in our community.
- Provide daily support for people in their homes and community by using an approach that respects their independent choices and abilities. This support includes, but is not limited to, personal care and hygiene, meal preparation and housekeeping.
- Encourage and build people’s independence and relationships in their homes.
- Support people’s health, safety and well-being by implementing coping strategies and our organization’s policies and procedures.
We want our team members to feel supported and find their unique fit within our organization. We offer:
- Work-life balance with the ability to pick up additional hours
- Competitive hourly pay rate of $22.17 per hour
- Opportunities for advancement
- Rewarding work in a positive team environment
- Secondary school graduation or GED and experience in the human services field
- Knowledge and commitment to the principles of inclusion and the disability rights movement
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and computer proficiency
- Ability to obtain a clear Vulnerable Sector Check
- Current First Aid/CPR certification, or willingness to obtain
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable driver’s abstract and reliable transportation to be used in course of employment
- Physical ability to support people (some with limited mobility) in all aspects of daily living and in a wide range of settings
- Free of communicable diseases
- Ability, availability and commitment to work a variety of shifts that include weekends
We believe our differences make us stronger, which is why we are committed to building a team that is diverse and inclusive.
If you need accommodations in the application process, or require this job posting in an alternative format, please contact us at 705-783-1816.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com